We are very happy to announce that the film HOUSE OF WRITERS directed by Marek Gajczak has been nominated in the plebiscite of the Krakow Magazine – PORTRAITS 2020
- Vote – every vote counts
- The readers’ vote lasts until March 14
Votes can be cast on the website of the Nominees monthly: GOLDEN TWENTY – the best biographical works of the last year!
The documentary film “House of Writers” directed by Marek Gajczak is a story about the life of Polish intellectuals gathered together after the war, during the gloomy PRL, under one roof of a tenement house at Krupnicza Street nr 22 in Krakow. The film tells the story of this house and the fate of its inhabitants – writer slike Konstanty Ildefons Gałczyński, Wisława Szymborska and Sławomir Mrożek. Although all were thrown by the winds of history, and many of them shared profound differences, they all lived with dignity under one roof.
- Screenplay: Jan Polewka
- Dir: Marek Gajczak
- DOP: Marek Gajczak, Dariusz Jarzyna
- Editing: Aleksandra Idzikowska
- Soung: Michał Korzeniowski
- Music: Zygmunt Konieczny
- Producer: Aneta Zagórska
- Co-financed by Polish History Museum in Warsaw as part of the “Patriotism of Tomorrow” Program
- Co-production Krakowskie Biuro Festiwalowe Kraków Miasto Literatury UNESCO Telewizja Polska S.A. Barton Film
- Production Krakow Film Klaster